Friday, November 24, 2006

When the kids don't want bigger and better house

I have been thinking about whether I should buy a new, bigger house, or not. I discussed the possibility with Adrianna and Adora. I initially imagined that they would jump up and down and applaud the decision to have a bigger and better house. To my surprise, or perhaps to some extent not to my surprise, they did not want to have a bigger and better house--in fact, they wanted a cozy, small house. The house we are living in currently is extremely spacious. I am very proud of my children for their conscientious effort to conserve and live a simpler life.When my children are so proactive in conserving natural resources by wanting less luxurious living environment even when it's provided to them, what should we do as parents?

No comments: